Next Generation Networks (NGN) Application Solutions
Next Generation Networks is a broad term typically used to describe an all Internet Protocol (IP) based network. In today’s telecommunication environment there are two distinct networks that meet this criterion.
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) network which utilizes:
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for media session setup and control
- Diameter Protocol for authentication, authorization and accounting procedures
Long Term Evolution (LTE) / Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network which utilizes:
- Diameter Protocol in the control plane for authentication, authorization and accounting procedures
PT’s SEGway Universal Diameter Router (UDR) solves many problems in the Diameter based LTE / EPC network.
Diameter Routing Solutions
PT's SEGway UDR provides a flexible, robust carrier grade solution to the Diameter routing dilemma. SEGway UDR provides essential functions of centralized core and edge routing for Diameter Protocol elements widely used in the all-IP, service-oriented, IMS and Long Term Evolution (LTE) architecture networks. These functions include:
- Diameter Routing Agent (DRA) as specified by 3GPP
- Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) as specified by GSMA
- Subscription Location Function (SLF)
- Interworking Function (IWF)
The SEGway UDR’s flexible and open architecture allows network planners the ability to make intelligent deployment decisions. Diameter features can be deployed separately or within the same unit.