NexusWare Software Suite
NexusWare is a family of Linux software products that enable users of PTs' broad range of Common Off-The-Shelf (COTS) embedded hardware solutions to rapidly develop and deploy value-added capabilities with their solutions. This powerful combination of software and hardware enables system engineers, architects, and designers in telecommunications as well as aerospace and defense markets to create applications and bring to market solutions such as WiMAX, media gateways, managed WAN gateways, VoIP, lawful intercept, radar servers, signaling gateways, and base station controllers.
- NexusWare Core is a complete, carrier-grade Linux distribution that also provides a development environment offering the user a full set of tools.
- NexusWare SIP is a SIP stack and API software package included with NexusWare Core that provides a powerful foundation for application developers for building SIP proxy servers, SIP location servers, SIP registrar servers, and SIP media gateways for wireless and IP telephony systems.
- NexusWare C7 is a comprehensive SS7 MTP-2 installable software package that provides a powerful foundation for building SS7 applications for wireless and IP telephony systems. It provides extensive system scalability, and the distributed processing architecture of NexusWare C7 allows the addition of SS7 links into existing equipment without compromising overall host system performance.
- NexusWare WAN protocols allow OEMs and system integrators to create flexible and efficient radar gateways, converged serial gateways, and front-end I/O systems.
Channel7 SS7 MTP-2
Provides users of our PCI and PCI Express based T1/E1/J1 communication adapters a baseline SS7 MTP-2 solution for the creation of SS7 applications and systems. Operating system support includes: Solaris and Linux.
- A Full Linux Distribution
- Complete Suite of Development Tools, Including NexusWare Studio (Eclipse-Based IDE)
- Carrier Grade Linux Registered
- NexusWare Portal for IPnexus MicroTCA platforms
- IPV6 Support
- Foundation for All NexusWare Software Products
- Linux Kernel Specifically Tailored for Embedded Applications
- Powerful APIs for All Onboard Hardware Resources
- Application Development with Windows or Linux Operating Systems
- Pre-Packaged Sample Applications and Protocols
- Wide Range of Hardware Support Including SBC/Compute, I/O, Storage, and Voice Processor
NexusWare Core is a Carrier Grade Linux (CGL) registered distribution that provides a full operating system on PTs' hardware platforms, as well as a robust application development environment that is tightly coupled to PTs' broad range of COTS embedded hardware solutions. This powerful combination allows system engineers, architects, and designers in the telecommunications, as well as aerospace and defense markets, to create applications and bring to market solutions such as media gateways, managed WAN gateways, voice over IP (VoIP), lawful intercept, radar servers, wireless base station controllers, HA communications systems, monitoring solutions, TDM switches, and signaling gateways. Installable software packages, such as NexusWare C7 (MTP2), NexusWare WAN (HDLC, X.25, Frame Relay, and others), and NexusWare SIP, provide enhancements and add flexibility to NexusWare Core.NexusWare Core Development Environment
The philosophy behind NexusWare Core is to provide a common development platform and toolset that spans a broad range of hardware while raising the level at which system integration is performed. The Ethernet capabilities of PTs' hardware products, coupled with the strong Linux OS foundation of NexusWare Core, offer a simple and rapid path to IP-based systems while giving developers a simplified way to design in legacy-based systems as well. NexusWare Core features an integrated suite of carrier grade device drivers for full access to onboard resources (H.110, Ethernet, PCI, T1/E1/J1, T3, CAS), as well as a powerful NexusWare Core API. In addition to a range of I/O and storage products supported by NexusWare Core, PT also offers PowerPC and x86-based single-board computers that are fully supported under NexusWare Core, which provides system integrators with a single Linux OS Distribution across the entire system. The powerful NexusWare Core API provides a common interface for application development and allows system integration using either Legacy bus or IP-based architectures. Additionally, NexusWare Core allows application development to occur across several different operating systems, including Linux and Windows, which translate to greater flexibility for engineers.NexusWare Core Support and Maintenance
PT understands every aspect of systems development – including hardware, software, integration, and deployment – and offers various aspects of technical, OEM, and end-user support to ensure a successful deployment or product launch.
NexusWare SIP is a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) stack and API software package included with NexusWare Core that provides a powerful foundation for application developers for building SIP proxy servers, SIP location servers, SIP registrar servers, and SIP media gateways for wireless and IP telephony systems.
Designed to work in conjunction with NexusWare Core, PTs' CGL OS and development environment, NexusWare SIP is compliant with the RFC3261 specification to ensure interoperability and effortless integration of the latest advances in SIP into a wide range of applications that enable the following:
The full SIP stack provides all necessary SIP functionality and is complemented by a consistent and well documented API for embedded applications. Reliability is built in with the ability to encode, send, parse and receive SIP messages over UDP, TCP, and IPSec to manage SIP calls and transactions. The distributed processing architecture of NexusWare combined with our broad hardware offering allows for scalability and growth as required, without compromising overall host system performance. Designed to interoperate with PTs' wide range of intelligent compute and T1/E1/J1 modules, NexusWare SIP provides extensive system scalability and flexibility to build applications that support next-generation services and functionality.NexusWare SIP Stack Features
The following diagram reveals how NexusWare SIP interacts with the NexusWare Core OS, PTs' hardware, and the SIP application.
The ease of use provided by NexusWare SIP comes from its fully documented API. The NexusWare SIP API provides a full set of services that allow for seamless interaction with the application and transport stack (TCP/ UDP).
The SIP-API connects the SIP Stack to a user’s application. There is also a set of API functions by which the application communicates to the SIP Stack and which can be grouped into SIP Stack Control, SIP Stack Configuration, and SIP Messages categories:
- SIP Stack Control APIs bind to the SIP Stack and register application callbacks, start/stop the SIP Stack and monitor the application queue. The SIP Stack control functions include: SipBindAPI, UnbindAPI, Start, Stop, and WaitForCall.
- SIP Stack Configuration APIs allow users to configure global parameters that include: SetMaxForwards, SetMaxCalls, SetPort, and SetPubIP.
- SIP Messages are sent out the SIP Stack. These include: Invite, Cancel, Transfer, Register, Notify, Ringing.
NexusWare SIP also features a set of application callbacks, which are called by the SIP-API on behalf of the application when the SIP Stack communicates to the application. These callbacks are generally initiated by the SIP Stack receiving SIP messages from the UDP socket. These callbacks include: Invite, Cancel, Transfer, Refer, Reinvite, Register, Notify, Options, Ack, Cancel, and Response.RFC Compliance
The NexusWare SIP Stack is compliant with the following RFCs:
- Complete SS7 MTP-2 Kit for Developing SS7 Applications
- Interoperability with Upper Level Stack
- Installable Package for NexusWare Core
- Highly Configurable and Scalable Solution
- Application Development with Windows XP or Linux
- Distributed Processing Architecture
- Consistent and Well- Documented Application Programming Interface (API)
- Target Applications: - SS7 Signaling Gateways - Home Location Registers (HLR) - Visitor Location Registers (VLR) - Service Control Points (SCP) - Service Switching Points (SSP) - Signal Transfer Points (STP) - Configurable link density counts - Multimedia gateway controller - Ideal for SS7 stack vendors
NexusWare C7 is a comprehensive SS7 MTP-2 installable software package designed to work in conjunction with NexusWare Core, PTs' CGL-registered development, integration, and management environment. NexusWare C7 provides a powerful foundation for building SS7 applications for wireless and IP telephony systems to those equipment manufacturers and application developers who use PTs' embedded packet-based products.
Configurability and Scalability
NexusWare C7 provides an onboard MTP-2 library for embedded applications. Designed to interoperate with PTs' intelligent T1/E1/J1 controllers, NexusWare C7 provides extensive system scalability. The distributed processing architecture of NexusWare C7 allows the addition of SS7 links into existing equipment without compromising overall host system performance.
A Hardware and Software Solution
By using PTs' PowerPC-based T1/E1/J1 hardware as the MTP-1 physical interface and NexusWare C7 for the MTP-2 layer, developers can realize higher link density and sustained operation of up to 50 SS7 channels.
Interoperability with Upper Level Stacks
Upper level stacks from any SS7 software vendor, such as TCAP, ISUP, and TUP, can be integrated with NexusWare C7 software through a well-defined application programming interface (API). The API allows for the easy integration of any MTP-3 with the NexusWare C7 MTP-2 link layer.
NexusWare C7 Software Architecture
NexusWare C7 is a installable software module for use with NexusWare Core. The following diagram represents how NexusWare Core, NexusWare C7, an MTP-3 application, and PTs' hardware platforms interact with one another.
The ease of use provided by NexusWare C7 comes from its fully documented API. The NexusWare C7 API provides a set of services that can be called on by the MTP-3 layer, which resides in the host.
The NexusWare C7 API includes the following routines:
- MTP2_BindAPI - Binds the API to the T1/E1 adapter and performs relevant setup.
- MTP2_UnbindAPI - Closes the T1/E1 adapter and frees allocated memory.
- MTP2_WaitForCall - Waits until the driver returns a message from the adapter.
- MTP2_DispatchCall - Analyzes calls from MTP-2 and dispatches them.
- MTP2_MgtRequest - Builds and sends a management request to MTP-2.
- MTP2_MgtGetResponseStatus - Retrieves the last request global status.
- MTP2_MgtClearAttributeList - Clears the attribute list and associated data, and prepares API to accept a new request.
- MTP2_MgtAddItemToAttributeList - Adds an item to the attribute list.
- MTP2_MgtNextItemOfAttributeList - Reads the next item of the attribute list.
- MTP2_SubmitCommand - Builds and sends an MTP command to the MTP-2 layer.
- MTP-2 library
- Example programs
- Software user manuals
- NexusWare C7 MTP-2 licensing agreement
PTs' suite of NexusWare WAN protocols provides all the critical pieces required for timely application development. The suite provides a wide range of WAN protocols and radar formats that are supported on PTs' line of high-performance blades, servers, and recorders. This powerful combination of software and hardware allows OEMs and System Integrators to create flexible and efficient radar data distribution and recording platforms, converged serial gateways, and front-end I/O systems.
NexusWare WAN software products are offered both as installable software packages for NexusWare Core (a comprehensive, highly integrated, Linux distribution and tools) and as turn-key packages for those developers interested in the protocol package by itself. Whether the installable or the turn-key solution is chosen, developers will be provided with a well-documented and powerful API to assist the development process.Consistent API
All NexusWare WAN software include a simple, easy-to-use API, which runs on all of PTs' blades and platforms. The API provides a standard interface to the protocol stacks and radar formats. This makes application programs easily portable among PTs' broad range of products.
|MPSopen||Open Connection||MPSread||Get data from a connection|
|MPSclose||Close Connection||MPSioctl||Send a control message on a connection|
|MPSputmsg||Send a message on a connection||MSPpoll||Monitor connections|
|MPSgetmsg||Get a message from a connection||MPSperror||Display system error message|
|MPSwrite||Send data on a connection|
Supported protocols include:
NexusWare Kernel Builder
NexusWare Kernel Builder, included with NexusWare Core, provides a configuration tool that allows users to easily add or remove kernel elements to optimize the kernel per their requirements.
NexusWare Image Builder
NexusWare Studio Builder
Through a flexible, web-based graphical user interface (GUI), NexusWare Portal assists application developers and system integrators by allowing them to monitor AND manage vital system functions as they develop and test applications.
- CPC5505 PICMG 2.16 High-Performance, Low-Power Single Board Computer
- CPC5564 CompactPCI 64-Bit Opteron Single Board Computer
- AMC111 64-bit AdvancedMC module with AMD Turion Processor
- AMC131 32-bit AdvancedMC module with Freescale MPC8641D dual core 1.0 GHz PowerPC processor
- AMC121 64-bit AdvancedMC module with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (Mid-Size)
- AMC122 64-bit AdvancedMC module with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (Full-Size)
- CPC324 24-Port CompactPCI T1/E1/J1 TDM/IP Edge Processor
- CPC308 Eight-Port CompactPCI T1/E1/J1 TDM/IP Edge Processor
- PCI384 PCI Quad T1/E1/J1 Telecom Adapter
- PCE385 PCI Express Quad T1/E1/J1 PCI Express Telecom Adapter
- AMC304/305 AdvancedMC Quad T1/E1/J1 Communications Controller
- CPC358 Eight-Port CompactPCI WAN Communications Adapter
- PCE335 Four-Port PCI Express WAN Communications Adapter
- AMC335 Intelligent Synchronous WAN Communications Module
- CPC5900 CompactPCI High-Performance IP Storage Blade
- AMC590 Video/Storage AdvancedMC Module with Audio
INTELLIGENT PTMC CARRIER
- CPC300 CompactPCI Advanced PTMC Carrier Blade
- PMC531/532 Voice Processing Modules
- MB6224 Media and Voice Processor with up to 896 VoIP connections
- MB6108 Media and Voice Processor with up to 240 VoIP connections
- PT-NWC7KIT-11943: MTP2 Installable Software Package
- PT-NHDLCKT-12050: HDLC Installable Software Package
- PT-NFRAMKT-12037: Frame Relay Installable Software Package
- PT-NX25KT-12052: X.25 Installable Software Package
- PT-NWSIP-12237: SIP Installable Software Package